December 12, 2016

Not Really A Christmas Sweater










Well, it's not one of those super kitschy Christmas sweaters, but it still feels holiday to me! 

I snagged this lovely Icelandic style sweater at Target of all places. I usually have a hard time finding fair isle or Icelandic style color work sweaters that are vintage appropriate because modern sweaters usually use colors that just look took contemporary or off somehow.  I thought this blue and red number wasn't too bad, though I still dream of having a proper fair isle sweater someday in nice muted 1940's colors. I paired the new sweater with my dark red sateen  pencil skirt, red belt and jewelry, and a navy handbag with two tone navy and ivory shoes. I'm actually not sure this outfit really "works", but it did the job while I was out holiday shopping with my mom last weekend.

This may be TMI, but hey, it's vintage silhouette related. I forgot to wear a vintage style (more bullet-esk) style bra with this look and I think that's 50% of my problem in feeling it just doesn't look right. I have gotten so used to wearing more retro styled shape wear that now I feel frumpy without it! Anyway...

I do love that holiday decorations show up all over town this time of year! We have yet to decorate our tree yet, but it's on the agenda for this evening. I keep saying it, but darn I'm busy this time of year! How do I always forget how crazy December is? I need to prepare further in advance next year so I don't get thrown off my proverbial train tracks and get derailed so far from my goals! Speaking of goals, I need to get back to sewing before I return to work (it's Sunday as I write this) since so little weekend time remains! I hope you all had a lovely Monday <3

Sweater: Target
Skirt: Made by me
Shoes: Chelsea Crew (Royal Vintage Shoes)
Handbag & Belt: Vintage
Jewelry: Luxulite

8 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you don't think this quite works. I think it's truly delightful and the fit of the jumper is fabulous. It's lovely and festive but stays the right side of kitsch - of the season but still elegant when combined with the skirt and shoes. In fact, it would probably work in all sorts of combos. Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha well thank you then! I definitely think this jumper would work with my red circle skirt or navy skirts too :)

      Delete
  2. Snazzy colours, really wonderful! I was too distracted by the nice pattern on the jumper to notice your boobs sorry!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha thanks Porcelina! The silly things us ladies notice about ourselves right? ;)

      Delete
  3. I really like the outfit and love the way the bag matches the jumper. Fab combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to mention the fabulous bag first! I like the jumper, nice and festive in an understated manner. I think the wrong underwear can make a huge difference to how we feel about an outfit so I would swap bras and give it another go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate-Em! And I totally agree, I was so bummed when I realized I was missing my more bullet-esk shape. I really think modern bras, though more comfortable in some ways to most of the more retro ones I've tried (due to fabric being stiffer or scratchy mostly), are so much more flattering!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...