July 6, 2017

Nature's Wonderland











This is about as western as I get, and I think the touch of Frontierland spirit in this ensemble is mostly provided here by the old split rail fence in the background. It isn't lost on me, being such a committed lover of Disneyland, that I happen to live in the real frontier land, with the big red rock formations and nearby horse ranches to prove it. It is curious to live in a land unique enough to have inspired copies elsewhere, but I suppose such mimicry is not so unique in itself. I can only imagine the horror Parisian's and Venetian's experience in Las Vegas.

It is rare for me to compile an outfit where I didn't sew any of the items, but here's one such example! The skirt is vintage, supposedly from the 1980s, but it seems so 50's and has a metal zipper so? hmm not sure really. I think, whenever it is from, it was probably homemade. I just love the print of the fabric with the cute berries and fun colors. This blouse is actually from Banana Republic and I really wish I would have bought the white version as well as the slight sleeve and lovely silk crepe weave are perfect for summertime. It is so rare to find silk garments out in shops these days, and they price them pretty high so it was lucky I had an employee discount at the time! Of course the whole dry clean only thing isn't the best...

Its seems I have somehow fallen rather negligent when it comes to penning posts other than short dispatches accompanying outfit photos these past few days, which I am most frightfully sorry about! I am behind on my pattern drafting series and simply must get going on that account. This past weekend yielded zero sewing room time I'm afraid, but I endeavor to remedy that ASAP! Next up I'll be going over how to make a sloper from your favorite existing bodice pattern and then after that I'll be showing you how to move around darts and necklines! I have however been up to more than just snapshots of my ensembles over on YouTube, so please do go and check out some of my more recent videos as somehow I have been able to keep up with my goal of getting a new video up every week!

Skirt, Belt, Hat, Clutch, and Jewelry: Vintage
Blouse: Banana Republic
Shoes: Bait Footwear (Royal Vintage Shoes)

16 comments:

  1. Would you get looked at a bit oddly going around in Western wear on the frontier? I occasionally see people wandering round Bath in Regency get-up, and I'm kind of used to it, but it still seems a little strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would actually! There are rodeos/western shows often enough and real ranches around so seeing people dresses as cowboys isn't that unusual here. Western style isn't something I am into really, but it is a big part of Colorado's history for sure :)

      Delete
  2. The scarf-bag-belt combination with this skirt is just perfect - what great matches! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been enjoying your blog for a little while and often mean to comment but never do. Your photographs are always so elegant! The print on that skirt is so pretty, what a lovely find. Samantha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Samantha! I am the same way about commenting myself, but it is always so lovely to hear from people!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful colours and love the neckscarf Bianca, your putfits are always impeccable x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black and orange are such great colours on you!! Really highlight your beautiful skin tone and hair colour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nora! I actually dyed my hair auburn recently and I already miss the dark brown so I suspect I'll be going back soon ;)

      Delete
  6. You look fabulous! These colors are gorgeous on you, and that print is so pretty. You have such a lovely profile - I am in love with that first photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I always think I have a "side" of my face that looks better so if you want the magic ruined you can go along and notice in nearly every photo on this blog I am always turned one way and not the other ;)

      Delete
  7. I just love that dramatic and elegant hat! And, I just want to say that your outfits are always so put together and never overdone. I always enjoy seeing what you are wearing next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just assumed you had made this until you said otherwise. Lovely outfit and fantastic hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate-Em! It is usually a safe assumption, but every once and a while I add something to my wardrobe that I didn't make myself ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...