December 3, 2017

New Video: A Ramble About Vintage Music


Hello there everyone! I put up a new video over on YouTube this weekend about how I got introduced to "vintage" music. Of course I grew up with a lot of music in our house that is now considered vintage, like Madonna, Spandau Ballet, Queen, Howard Jones, and other 1980's music, but now I listen to a lot of 30's, 40's, and 50's music too! (and 60's, and occasionally 70's). I cover some of my basic recommendations for 1940's music and general mid-century tunes, as well as some other less traditional soundtracks I enjoy listening to.

I did make the mistake of asking for recommendations without having mentioned very many artists I already knew of, which has led to many recommendations I already have in my playlists and makes me look like a total newbie. Opps! I should have known better that the internet would be ready to give me a complete vintage music education ;) So of course though I didn't mention Louis Armstrong, Nat King Cole, Duke Ellington, Bing Crosby, The Mills Brothers, Lena Horne, Cab Calloway, Doris Day or several dozens of other artists, I am aware of many of the big names of the 20s-50s. Most big artists of the time are introduced on the compilation albums I mention in the video. I should have been more specific in my recommendations request, as I am more interested in film/TV/other curated soundtracks or lesser known artists most of all. I still have so much to learn about video making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...