April 6, 2018

Cataloging Catalogs: Ward's Fall/Winter 1947-1948, More Dresses!


I may be MIA around here, but I did spend a bit of quality time with my scanner this morning to digitize some more pages of the 1947/1948 Fall Winter Montgomery Wards catalog! More dresses today, and the dresses are the best so no complaints there...except perhaps the usual one that I sadly cannot place an order for any of these.

I actually snapped up another catalog for my collection this morning actually, the fall '43/'44! Since my Spring/Summer '43 catalog is still my favorite of the bunch I am hoping this new addition will be full of more gorgeous inspiration when it arrives as well. Since we sadly cannot shop these pages anymore, tell me in comments about your most recent vintage find, mine was a killer striped 1940's multicolor corde clutch handbag!


















4 comments:

  1. Yep I'd give every one of these wardrobe room too given half the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating surface details on so many of those. It's fantastic how every single dress has something that shows a little extra care has been taken with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...