April 16, 2018

In Bloom









The trees are finally flowering! Hooray!

And yes...that is a new black plastiflex clutch! Because having one black plastiflex clutch is just not enough, *ahem*, of course one must collect as many as possible right? This one is smaller than my usual one, so obviously, I had to have it. I love plastiflex, but you all knew that all ready didn't you? I want a red one now...

This dress is a new-to-me vintage number, but I'm not sure how long it will remain in my closet. Though I love the print and the fit is almost perfect, the armholes are a little tight, and the acetate fabric is not the most comfortable to wear. I really do love the black and white print so I will be on the lookout for similar patterns in cotton for future summer sewing projects. That's right sewing projects, because I simply must get sewing again. And I will be able to because...

I FINISHED THE DRAFT OF MY BOOK! (!!!!!) Now, you all may have heard me mention my long suffering fiction project that I have been working on off-and-on for six years now--and this book that I just finished last week is actually not that book, but is a completely new story I only started writing back in February! Yes, I wrote a 145,000 (yep, way too long oops) word book over the last few months. Of course I have accomplished nothing else, but also, I wrote a darn book! It's still feels a bit crazy that it is done, and of course there is a high chance no one else will read it/like it/publish it, but it still feels pretty awesome to have finished a whole draft of a fiction book. I'd love to be a published author someday and this certainly feels like being one step closer :) Luckily I love editing so now the fun continues as I work through re-reading and editing the whole draft over and over again!

I hope you all get to read it someday, if I ever have any updates on that front you will be the first to know ;)

Dress, Clutch, Belt, Gloves, Hat, Necklace: Vintage
Fishnets: Amazon
Shoes: Remix


13 comments:

  1. CONGRATS ON FINISHING THE BOOK!

    Also, that dress is beautiful - but if it's not right, set it free to find its perfect home, and treat yourself to something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mim! I have a few vintage pieces hanging around now that I need to set free into the world again soon...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos, both you and those blooming trees look wonderful! Congratulations on completing the book, what a fantastic achievement. They say that you cut out about 30% on the first edit, so that should bring the word count down a bit. I look forward to seeing the end product! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cate! I have a bad habit of editing as I go, so as rough as this draft is supposed to be, it's also pretty polished too...so I need my test readers to tell me what to cut! That's gonna hurt, but I also can't wait for feedback :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on finishing the book!! You've achieved something huge! As for the outfits you look gorgeous but i totally understand when items just don't feel quite right. Can I say I love your hair. I liked the purple and have had my own hair every colour under the sun but I seem to be drawn to more natural colours these days. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol Ann! I am certainly trying to return to a natural hair color, but it turns out to be more of a journey than a instant solution sort of situation ;)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the book! That's a truly amazing accomplishment. I hope we'll get to read it someday soon.
    Lovely look as well, and that hat looks amazing on you. I'm so jealous of your flowers, though! It's been so cold here that nothing's even started to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! So do I, that's the dream! It snowed again today so i'm sure many of our blooms are already iced...I hope it starts getting warmer up there soon!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your book! What an achievement- good luck with your editing process :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news on the book! Well done. That is very exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...