May 16, 2018

Cataloging Catalogs: Spring/Summer 1950 (Montgomery Ward's)


A lot of us vintage loving gals admire both the 1940's and the 1950's styles, and it really does seem like many of these dresses from Spring/Summer 1950 really do blend the two eras in a great way!

I am seriously considering choosing one Ward's dress from one of the catalog pages I've shared to recreate and do an exact repro. What do you think? The biggest trouble will be finding a suitable fabric I think, since nice cottons and rayons are so much harder to find in this day and age. I'm looking through them now to decide which to replicate, but goodness is it hard to choose!




















1 comment:

  1. I'm fascinated by the collars on a lot of those dresses - they're so big! I could picture you in 'Fashionable Rustle of Taffeta' (p21) with a smaller collar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...